Thursday, May 7, 2009

A Golden Deed

Was able to work a little in my garden this morning. We've had so much rain I can't believe how fast the weeds are coming in. I just hope this means the vegetables will be nice and big this year too. It's been a lovely day so far, and this song has been stuck in my head all day...

Each day I'll do a golden deed
By helping those who are in need;
My life on earth is but a span
And so I'll do the best I can.

Life's evening sun is sinking low,
A few more days, and I must go
To meet the deeds that I have done,
Where there will be no setting sun.
To be a child of God each day
My light must shine along the way;
I'll sing His praise while ages roll
And strive to help some troubled soul.

This song always makes me want to do something nice for someone. I think I am going to take some daffodils over to Bunny today. I've also made some Shoo-Fly pies to go along with supper tonight. Maybe I'll take along one of those too.

God Bless,
Rebekah

1 comment:

Ruthykins said...

i'm sure bunny would love some daffodils. and you can bring me some shoo fly pie