Friday, May 1, 2009

Snitz Pie

Some of you have requested my Snitz Pie recipe. These are both good recipes. I prefer the second one because I think lends a little more flavor. Try them and see which one suits you best.

Aunt Clara's Snitz Pie

1 qt. dried apple slices
1 1/4 cup sugar
1/8 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
Double Pie Crust

Preheat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit. Cover dried apples with water and soak overnight. Cook apples in water over low heat until soft. Mash apples along with the juice they were cooked in. Add sugar, salt, and cinnamon. Put in unbaked pie crust and add top crust. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes, then at 375 degrees for 35 minutes or until done.


Mommie's Sunday Snitz Pie

3 c Dried apples
2 1/4 c Warm water
1 ts Lemon extract
2/3 c Brown sugar
Double crust, unbaked

Soak apples in the warm water. Cook over low heat until soft. Mash apples and add lemon and sugar. Pour into unbaked pie shell. Cover with top crust. Seal edges. Bake at 425 degrees for 15 minutes; then at 350 degrees for 30 minutes. Serve warm.

God Bless,
Rebekah

4 comments:

Ruthykins said...

they both sound good.

okeydokeyifine said...

I prefer Shoestring apple pie

Puphigirl said...

I don't know if I've had schnitz pie, but I know I've had shoestring apple pie.

patti said...

Im looking for a good recipe for a cooked vanilly icing ?